Kindergarten Registration


The 2017/18 Kindergarten Registration will be held on Tuesday, May 9th at Thomas G. Alcorn located at 1010 Enfield Street in the lower level portion of the building.  Parents/guardians will need to call your child's school to make an appointment in order to register your child.  To be eligible for kindergarten in September, 2017 your child must be five years old on or before January 1, 2018. 

Primary (K-2) schools:

     - Enfield Street School - 1318 Enfield Street (860) 253-6563

     - Hazardville Memorial - 68 North Maple Street (860) 763-7501

     - Henry Barnard - 27 Shaker Road (860) 253-6541

Items needed for registration: 

1.  Completed registration form (if you have not received one in the mail, please call the school your child will attend);
2.  Birth Certificate (School will make a copy at Registration);

3.  Proof of Residency:  Two current dated documents required: for example, Utility bill; Purchase or Lease Agreement; Rent receipt for latest month with landlord’s name, address, phone; Deposit receipt for gas, electric or phone (landline only) service start-up;

4.  Copy of Driver’s License accepted as a secondary form of Proof of Residency WITH one of the documents listed above in #3;

5.  Immunization Records;

6.  Health Assessment Record (State of CT blue physical form) completed by doctor, (or upcoming date of scheduled physical);

7.  Proof of Guardianship/Parental Custody if divorced or separated.

If you have any questions, please call the Enfield Board of Education office at (860) 253-6557.

Posted:  04-18-17