Some reasons why the message doesn't get delivered:
Typical reasons for cutoff voicemails.
- Long gaps of silence at the beginning, middle or end of any answering machine or voice mail greeting.
- Recordings that sound as if a live person is answering (e.g. “Hello. <<long pause>> We’re sorry, but we’re not available to take your call…”).
- Calls that are forwarded to other numbers in a way that causes them to be answered twice.
- Answering machine greetings that begin very loud and then trail off to become very soft causing our system to believe that the greeting message has completed and the answering machine is in the recording mode.
Partial delivery possible causes:
- Full mailboxes or answering machines.
- Line echo - encountered most often on digital phone services.
- Poor cell phone signals.
- Bad connections on land lines.
- Answering machines or voice mails that drop calls.
- Auto-attendant messages that require user interaction to leave messages.
- Non-standard answering machine beeps.
- Excessive amounts of background noise.
- Local phone company switch congestion.