Wellness, Celebrations & Educational Experiences with Food
Effective April 22, 2013, Enfield Public Schools is enforcing the following in keeping with the EPS BOE policies 5141.25 & 6142.
Please note this does not affect a student’s individual snack or lunch brought from home. These steps are for food shared at school.
- No home baked foods of any kind may be brought into school to share.
- Celebrations, which include the consumption of shared food, are limited to one per month in each class and must include healthy choices
- Pre-approval to have an educational experience during which food is to be shared must be given by the principal
- All parents/guardians must be given prior written notice (i.e. pizza from XYZ) every time food is to be shared for a celebration or educational experience.
- Any food purchased in a store or bakery must be brought to the nurse’s office for approval with the following conditions:
- Food must be in the original and sealed packaging (i.e. individual cracker packages must be brought in the multi package)
- Ingredients must be clearly visible (for the nurse to read)
- No beverages other than water are allowed outside of lunch in classes, study halls or hallways.